Okay it’s time.
This orgo lab report will be written.
(Except whoops I’m not supposed to write it in the passive voice.)
I WILL WRITE THIS LAB REPORT.
…Taking a deep breath, here we go.
In hindsight I probably should not have downed that coffee so quickly. I’m going to have to conserve my resources wisely if I’m going to make it through this long day of studying that I have ahead.
Aaaaand finals week is officially here.
Yesterday had the potential to be very sucky, but it ended up being a really great day thanks to some very nice, impromptu things:
- unintentionally hilarious bio lecture ~ my friend and I were almost crying with laughter over silly things that were going on in class
- two (TWO!) packages came in the mail yesterday: one was a care package from my parents for finals that had snacks, homemade goodies, and notes from my parents and grandparents (adorable!); the other was my urban outfitters order with some SICK SHORTS that I absolutely cannot wait to wear once the weather is nice again
- crunch time at the library, which was not exactly fun per se but was very necessary and made me feel really productive in writing my final paper for my comp lit class that I am obsessed with
- really nice having some chit chatz with friends over dinner and filling each other in on our lives
- last minute decision to get waffles from our late-night breakfast snack bar right before it closed… it was late and my friends and I were all super tired, so naturally it took a turn for the hilarious. many many laughs all around.
Classes are wrapping up now and summer plans are solidifying… I still can’t come to terms with the fact that the year is almost over though. I can’t think about it too much yet, so for now I just need to focus on writing the rest of this paper and then being with friends and enjoying the rest of this year.
Reasons for today’s loveliness:
1. Woke up without a fever (this was a huge win after last night)
2. Learned the sickest step today, and had lots of fun chilling and seeing people again
3. The weather was beauuuutiful so a few friends and I set out blankets outside and painted our nails, listened to music, and soaked up some sun
4. Random cupcake craving led me to the coffee shop, which led to iced coffee, red velvet cake, and reading robert frost poetry for my comp lit class
5. Phoenix music playing in said coffee shop
6. SLEEPOVER TONIGHT which I am beyond pumped for
Best way to end a week/start the new one. Happy Saturday!